It is meant for proactive young people, for all those who think they have a winning idea on the subject “Technological and sustainable innovation” and for those who have a dream in their drawer, that is, embark on an adventure and set up a business.
Talents in Campus, in fact, launches the Startup in Campus competition, a competition between business projects which, at the end of the selection process, will allow 10 ideas to be incubated within the Business Innovation Hub of the Faculty of Economics of La Sapienza – University of Rome.
How to participate:
the very first step is to view the regulation, the second is to fill in the form at the bottom of this page, remembering to upload all the files required by this call.
The Impresapiens Research Center – Sapienza University of Rome, in collaboration with Opes as part of the Talents in Campus project, with the support of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers, announces the first edition of the Competition (Startup in Campus).
This is a competition between companies focused on the following theme: “Technological and sustainable innovation”.
The objective of the competition is to select the best 10 business projects, in order to put them in an incubation path at the Business Innovation Hub of the Faculty of Economics of the Sapienza University of Rome, which guarantees their support, training and tutoring services, guiding them to the effective establishment of the company.
The competition is open to both individual participants and groups of up to 4 natural persons, aged between 18 and 30 and belonging to one of the following categories:
- Students regularly enrolled at the Sapienza University of Rome, at the time of the publication of the participation call;
- Graduates and university graduates, who have obtained the qualification at the Sapienza University of Rome or at any other public or private university, also at a foreign university;
- Students enrolled in other Italian universities.
In the case of groups, all components must meet the requirements. It is not allowed for the same person to participate in more than one business project.
The competition is open for Italian or foreign entities who actually desire to set up a business.
The participation at the competition is free of charge, except the registration fees for uploading the documentation on the website: www.campustalenti.it
In order to take part at the competition, it is necessary to submit your application exclusively online, by filling in the appropriate participation form available on www.campustalenti.it
The call opening date starts from March 1st, 2020 and no later than 18.00 of March 31st, 2020.
The forms, which must be drawn up in Italian or English, that are not complete with all the information requested in the online form and / or missing some of the mandatory attachments, or submitted after the deadline indicated, will be automatically excluded from the selection. During the application phase, the proposer must upload the following documents:
- Business plan related to the business project, focused on a time span of 1 to 3 years, maximum 10 total pages, which must necessarily contain:
- Description of the business idea and its innovative value;
- Description of relevance to the topic identified by the call (Technological and sustainable innovation);
- Description of medium-term objectives;
- Description of the reference market and analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the business idea;
- Three-year marketing plan;
- Executive Summary, with a maximum length of one page, summary of the above BP.
- – Business model.
Furthermore, it is required to:
- Be able to exhibit a product that can be delivered in 6 months, given the investment made;
- Define potential customers;
- Describe the reference market in the perspective of 2 and 3 years;
- Show a deep knowledge of the potential competitors.
Other mandatory attachments:
- CV in European format (or other type) of the proposer and of the members of the proposing group;
- Copy of a valid identity document of the proposer or of the members of the proposing group.
All applications received within the deadline will be evaluated by a specially created high profile commission (BIH Board). The BIH Board, in full autonomy and discretion, will analyze the business projects presented, evaluating them on the basis of the following aspects / criteria:
- Business model
- Market size
- Innovation path
- Competitive advantages
- Go to market results
- Technical and economic feasibility
- Innovation / Value Proposition
The evaluation phase will end on April 15, 2020.
Among all the applications received, the Commission will select up to a maximum of 10 business projects. The selected projects will be presented and awarded during the first stage of the Talents in Campus project, which will be held in Rome, at the Faculty of Economics of La Sapienza University from 22 to 24 April 2020.
The winning business ideas of the competition will be entitled to benefit from:
- 12 months of incubation at the Business Innovation Hub of the Faculty of Economics of La Sapienza University, on-site and online;
- 10 months of training, tutoring and thematic meetings, aimed at deepening the business idea, drawing up the definitive business plan and accompanying the proposer / proposers in setting up the business;
- mentoring and supporting activities by Business Angels.
The works produced and sent for the competition remain the property of the authors who will be able to protect them through the forms of protection provided by law.
The competition organizers, as well as the Competition Evaluation Commission, are exonerated from any responsibility for any disputes that may arise regarding the originality and authorship of the work, its parts or any limitations by third parties.